Double Chocolate chip cookies or DBC Cookies ;)



Solving all of Life's problems.. one chocolate chip at a time!

Lets call them Death by chocolate cookies ..sounds more fun and intriguing doesn't it??  Plus who wouldn't want to die by chocolate??
Anyways these are soo luxurious and decadently chocolatey that I assume anyone who has one would fall into a chocolatey stupor...
I am a chocoholic as you know..and if genetics has anything to do with it, so is my kid..the 2 and half yr old joy of my life ( ha) on good days and my crazy lil monkey on bad days!
And lets not forget the husband here... so is HE!!!
I wanted to bake a treat to “wow” them...
We are a family who tears through a box of Ferraro Rocher or Dairy Milk or Toblerone( my absolute fave) or Hershey's kisses...or Snickers..or 5 star...or M&Ms.... ummm....what was I saying??? I forgot the context at the mere thought of all that chocolate!! ;)

Right. Family. Chocolate..hmm.... Lets sum it up for you. We are a family that's loon for the goon ( bad for your waistline) chocolates.., fights over the last gourmet chocolate pastry , I even make french toast with chocolate chips and cinnamon ( that both me and my daughter fight over)  I knew something with chocolate would make my family smile.
Chocolate to the rescue yet again. I’m stealing hearts one chocolate chip at a time.



So I thought and thought.. literally wore the carpet out with my walking... wrung my hands.. twisted my hair.. bit my lip trying to decide what would make the dessert crazy hubby of mine really hoppity poppity happy!!
And after  a lottttt of menu searching ...( cant call it soul searching unless by soul you mean tummy ) and supplies check, i decided on this rather easy and decadent version of a cookie...

The Death by Chocolate cookie is for everyone.. Its purely for the chocolate lover in you, the child in you, the lover of good life... the lover of all things delicious and luxurious... for someone who is beyond diets and fads and believes food is good. Simple. Plain. Happy.

Today, you’re getting 3 forms of chocolate in each bite of this fudgy cookie.  A chocoholic’s pure dream.
Into this dough went melted pure chocolate, unsweetened cocoa powder, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Along with the chocolate, this cookie dough has your standard cookie suspects: eggs, flour, and sugar.  The cookie dough recipe is pretty basic and comparable to a brownie recipe.  There’s also a sprinkle of baking powder to give the cookies some lift and brown sugar to keep the cookies soft.
So what do they taste like? Well, as the name suggests… chocolatey.  But a deep, intense chocolate. There’s no other way I’d have it.
Biting into one, think of a dense fudge truffle with a little chew.  The centers are super-thick and moist, but not greasy or underbaked tasting – a texture battle you can sometimes face with brownies or cookies.
Try this out for whoever you love .. ( or if you wanna make someone fall in love with you) ... 

But be warned.... They just might fall into a chocolatey trance and kiss u!! ( Now who said anything about  ulterior motives?) ;) ;)

I obviously do not want to harm anyone by sharing this killer recipe, but I am almost 100% positive these cookies will make you weak at the knees.

Ingredients:   

  • 125 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
  • 150 grams plain flour
  • 30 grams cocoa powder (sieved)
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 125 grams soft unsalted butter
  • 75 grams soft light brown sugar
  • 50 grams white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg (cold from the fridge)
  • 350 grams dark chocolate chips (or semi sweet chocolate morsels)