Mousse au Chocolat`

Creamy scrumptious delicious chocolate mousse on top of a homemade, from-scratch peanut butter cookie crust and some whipped cream delight!  Mousse lover or not, these chocolate mousse are simply irresistible!



I’ve been thinking about this mousse recipe for weeks. Thoughts of the buttery crunchy crust with creamy light chocolaty mousse on top have been overtaking my dreams. What? You mean to tell me you don’t dream about desserts?
I keep a notepad next to my bed and when I wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning, I jot down recipe ideas that have crossed my mind. I usually don’t understand my sleepy chicken scratch the next morning, but there was no confusion here!
Mousse au chocolat` for the win it was!!!

I made these deep chocolatey crumbly creamy mousse yesterday morning. And when I say morning, I mean 6am. I’m NOT an early bird still the idea of this mousse had me up and busy in the kitchen before anyone could ever imagine!!
I wasn’t able to snap in-process shots for you for this recipe, but there’s no need. The three layers are quite simple to make! I must admit that I was a tad nervous these little mousse wouldn’t turn out. Would the cookie crust be too delicate? Would it get hard and crunchy? More chocolate shavings? No chocolate shavings... to whip cream or not to whip it???
Ha! Of course chocolate shavings....and but obviously whipped cream!! 
When have I ever said no to cream or to chocolate for that matter ?? ;) 


 
Well, it must have been my lucky morning because these chocolate mousse cups are mind blowing!!
Piyush who “doesn’t even like mousse”, had one immediately after getting up. Then another after breakfast. And I noticed another one missing after dinner. Now that's a winner!!
I may or may not have had one for breakfast this morning with fruit and coffee. Instead of muesli , have a mousse au chocolat. Your day will start off on the right foot, I promise.

So what goes perfectly with chocolate mousse? Besides coffee, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and cream – strawberry may be the answer you’re looking for.
  
Chill, take a bite and simply fall in chocolatey love... 
Sorry. Was that line too corny? Must be my breakfast speaking !!

This is how you go about making this gorgeousness...for your breakfast, lunch or dinner!! I am not gonna judge you if you have one as your elevenses either! ;)

Ingredients: 

185 gm dark chocolate, chopped
2 egg whites
1 tsp coffee
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp Irish cream liquor
1/2 Tbsp sugar
50 gm hung yogurt
50gm peanut butter cookies
Butter 20gm
100 gm cream
strawberry fresh
chocolate shavings
tutti frutti 
chocolate chips
mint leaf for garnish. 

 Method :

Layer 1
Start off by making the  utterly butterly delicious layer of crumble..Simply blitz ( grind) some peanut butter cookies in a processor or go at it with a rolling pin .. the last method is amazing to work out your anger issues .. i generally follow this route! ;)
Add in the cubed butter.. rub the crumble and butter with your fingers till it resembles a grainy texture.. it should not be too buttery.. so always start with less and add in more if needed.
Put that in a layer in some glasses.. Freeze till the next layer is ready. 

Layer 2: 
Cut the dark chocolate into pieces, put it in a bowl and melt it in a pan that fits into a bigger saucepan with simmering water.
Take 2 egg whites in a bowl and mix them till they become stiff, then add sugar and mix again.
In another small bowl take coffee, cocoa powder, Irish cream liquor and mix well.
Add this to the melted chocolate.
Now whisk the hung curd into this mixture.
Finally with a large steel spoon fold in the beaten egg mixture into the chocolate yogurt, a spoon at a time.
Be careful not to over mix at this time otherwise the mousse will lose its volume.
Spoon this creamy chocolate mixture into four glasses over the crumble.
Put them into the refrigerator for 4-6 hours for the mousse to set.

Just before serving: 

Layer 3: 
Whip up the cream baby!! Whip it till it forms soft peaks ( the tip should just fold over to one side)
Add 1 or 2 tbsp of castor sugar while whipping the cream... 
Layer or pipe that on top of the mousse.. I simply laid it on...

Garnish: 
Sprinkle some tutti frutti and chocolate chips on top of the whipped cream..
Slice a strawberry into a flower ( make cuts on the strawberry without going all the way on one side, it should be attached from the bottom..lightly press on it so that it spreads like a 5 petaled flower) .. dip it in melted chocolate and place it on top of the cream...
Garnish with some chocolate shavings and a mint leaf!


Labels: , , ,