Cookies ..with Pistachios!

http://thenovicegardener.wordpress.com/fiesta-friday/

So I am back...hardly been a couple of days away from blogging and posting and sharing my creations..good and not so good.but I feel like its been months!! Addicted, possibly??
Well here goes a small story... read it if you are so inclined...to waste your time but also if you like getting a good laugh!




I have many monikers..many pet peeves..many many idiosyncrasies...
As a kid, I used to read alotttt... I still do of course!! (everyone who is anyone in my circle knows that..Daahhhh!!)
But I had a slight problem..I didn't just devour them fictions..I devoured food along with it...
Its a habit formed from childhood which I still cant shake off.. never mind the extra geenrous love handles and all!

 

I get a book to read..
Instinctively choose one to suit  my mood..
Promptly climb into my bed (thats where I read.. or my couch with its side of gorgeous streaming sunlight,not exactly young..need the Light) ;)
And Open my Big Bad Pandora Box of ...COOKIES!! (You got it)!

Its a ritual people. I don't mess with it. Daddylonglegs knows better than to mess with it.and the LittleMonkey copies mommy and does exactly the same. and of course doesn't dare to mess with it.
"Cookie" off the old block I tell ya :P
 

But I am pretty high maintenance when it comes to cookies..I don't eat just about any cookie. Ha!! I wish I could..It would make my life so much easier... Basically, I could just pick up any box , eat it and feel sated?? HA Ha!

Which means, most of the times I end up baking my own cookies... (Fine..I have recently started this new cookie business..but you get it..right)?
So after baking double chocolate chip cookies, and sugar cookies and cookies with a caramel melt, I went another way and decided to use the profusion of pistachios I had bought on a rather extravagant whim and put them to good use!

And thus came to existence these delicious, crumbly, "wonderfully- filled- with- pistachio" cookies..baked  purely to feed my dirty-lil-food-eating-while-reading-habit!

 
Make them any time you want to have a cookie bite and don't want to eat another cookie form a box..
Ultra delicious, wholesome and definitely worth a try!

Ingredients:

Yield:30 cookies
 Directions:

  1. Cream the butter and sugar together; add baking powder and nutmeg and mix well with electric mixer.
  2. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
  3. Stir in flour just until moist; fold in nuts taking care to not over mix.
  4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or damp cloth and refrigerate for 1 hour.
  5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  6. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  7. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, flatten slightly with bottom of small glass.Use a cookie cutter for a shape of your choice..I used rectangle ones..Cut out the cookies.Sprinkle some pistachio slivers on top.
  8. Place 4 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
  9. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely and enjoy.
    And thats how the cookie crumbles,
    Love,
    S :) 
    PS: Recipe adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/pistachio-cookies-143958











Labels: , , , ,