Tandoori Pomfret..Such a simple thing, such a
thing. Nah Scratch that. Such a gloriously delicious thing..
Imagine taking a bite of perfectly grilled flaky succulent piece of a fish as yumm as pomfret...and to top that, its smothered in a tandoori masala that makes the long wait, worthwhile...
Yes, it takes time. 4-5 hours for the Tandoori Pomfret...
But simply coz you have to marinate it for the entire period..It takes 12-15 mins to grill, depending on the size of your fish..
I served it whole and on the bone..Obviously....
It simply renders itself rather indulgently to the fork..and with a flick of your wrist, it comes away revealing the juicy succulent flesh..
Squeeze on some lime...take a bite of some pickled salad or even onions, and simply dig in.
This one doesn't deserve to be kept waiting... Its without a doubt one of the best dinners I ever had..and yup I finished it all by myself. I am not sharing. No. Thank you.
Make yours today and enjoy the aromatic and healthy option ,that is this grilled piece of tandoori silver tail pomfret...
Ingredients for 4 fish:
- 4 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Cup thick Yoghurt, whisked
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour roasted
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Carom Seed
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Clean the fish, trim the tails and fins and wash thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Make 3-4 incisions with a sharp knife across both sides of each fish.
- In a bowl mix together, mustard oil,all the powdered masalas, lime juice, salt and ginger garlic paste.
- Whisk them well so that its mixed properly.
- Rub the marinade on both sides of the fish,add a little more mustad oil if needed..Ensure that they are completely coated with the marinade.
- Cover and set aside to marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
After the half an hour,
- Whisk the yogurt with the roasted gram flour or besan and carom seeds ..mix thoroughly.
- Rub the fish with the marinade, to coat completely.
- Cover and set aside to marinate in the refrigerator for 3 -4 hours.
After the marination time is over,
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Oil a baking/ grilling pan slightly. Place the fish on the pan carefully.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes ..
- Baste with melted butter, turn the skewers and grill again for another 3-4 minutes.No need to turn over the fish. Simply cook as is.
- Once done, let it rest for 2-3 minutes., then serve hot with salad and mint chutney.