Methi Matar Malai..a Triple delight!


Do you believe some people are more lucky than others?? Or do you believe that there is a lot of unseen hardwork behind the so called lucky ones??
I am a firm believer of the second ... Mostly coz I have rotten luck, in general..but I do know that I slog my @#$ off to get the results I desire..
You must remember my plea to all SCites about methi! Was it available everywhere but my lil town of Raipur ?? Ha!
It was a travesty of unmeasurable proportions of course...I lived vicariously through others Methi posts...
As a result of that post, I was of course besieged with lots tips to grow my own methi and abt how to freeze them.. And I wanna thank all of u for the suggestions...You guys simply make my life so much easier
So it seems someone "up" there (or maybe even "down" there, coz its me after all ) must have been hearing my whining...and whoever said nagging doesn't work,hadn't met me. LOL..
But yeah, after harassing my colony veg vendor for methi for about a fortnight , the poor guy gave up and finally procured the much awaited and lusted after greens somehow!!

I daren't ask him from whence came these lil bunches of green, coz I was afraid of the answer...yes..mortally afraid.
Just hoping I didn't nag and goad the poor guy to beg, borrow or steal, just so he could shut me up, if not to make me happy!!
On that note, I wish I was able to nag P into atleast picking up HIS wet towel off the bed...SIghhhhhh. We have to choose our battles I guess..
Anyways ,the Gods heard me, I sent up a prayer to the higher powers that be..thanked the Lord of All things green, remembered a verdantly green Hulk and finally decided to make something sikandalously yummy with it...
 
Specially for all you wonderful wonderful peeps here....
Did I mention I love being a part of SC ???
Here goes,
Serve this with hot paratha, achaar and watever you wish....
SImply delicious.. this is a must try for anyone n everyone.
Here's how :


Ingredients:
  1. 1 cup Green Peas
  2. 2 cup Fenugreek Leaves , Chopped
  3. 100 gm Paneer, Softened by soaking in warm water.
  4. 2 Medium Sized Onion ,Chopped
  5. Cashew 10-12 pieces.
  6. 4-5 Green Chili ,Chopped
  7. 1 Piece Ginger , Chopped
  8. 8-10 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
  9. 2-3 Cardamom
  10. 1-2 Clove
  11. 100 ml fresh Cream
  12. 100 ml milk (warmed)
  13. A Pinch Turmeric Powder (optional)
  14. 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi
  15. 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
  16. 1 tsp Butter
  17. Coriander leaves for garnish

Instructions:
1.Heat ghee or butter in a pan sauté half of onion, green chili, garlic, cloves, ginger and cardamom and cashew. Sauté till the onion turns golden. Turn off the heat and let it cool. Transfer mixture to the blender or food processor. Blend it till the smooth paste.Add a little water, make sure its completely smooth. Pls.
2. Heat remaining ghee or butter in a large pan over a medium flame. Add cumin seeds and stir for a minute. Now add remain onion and saute till onion turns golden. Now add smooth paste in the pan and fry well till oil leaves the sides. Add a little water if you feel it sticking to the pan.
3. Add fenugreek leaves, kasoori methi, garam masala, turmeric powder, sugar, salt and green peas. Toss them well for a min or two.
4. Add the paneer pieces and let it cook covered for 5 mins..Make sure it doesn't stick to the pan.
5. Add milk. Keep stirring over low-medium flame...cook for 7-8 mins.
6.Add cream in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Serve hot...

Love,
S :)