Methi Theplas...


I grew up in a family where we were encouraged to be ourselves..and more importantly love ourselves, as we are... May be I owe my current nonchalant attitude towards figure and dress sizes to that...!!
I love me as I am, batwings for arms, and love handles et all... 
I love my parathas and my pulaos... I absolutely think they are the glamorous cousins of rotis, and yes, I have to have them almost every alternate day..and I do!!
But when my dear friend Manini Lalbhai Badlani shared the recipe of theplas, something just clicked in me..and I knew I had to make these!!


And what better way to use my homegrown (finally) fenugreek or methi leaves,than to turn them into this amazingly flavorful, tasty and filling theplas....


Easy...I made 8 pieces in 15 mins flat, and that includes kneading the dough...so yes, apart from being delicious, this is also an easy and quick breakfast option...!!
Do try these asap... You wont be sorry.
I did add some simple tweaks of my own but that was more to cater to my own taste... you can of course simply follow her fabulous recipe to the T ...

RECIPE:
Ingredients:

  • Fresh Fenugreek/methi leaves (chopped fine)- 1 cup
  • 1and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • Garlic Cloves 4-5 chopped very fine
  • 2 tbsp curds
  • 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp asafoetida
  • ½ tsp castor sugar
  • 1 tsp chaat masala
  • 1 tsp fennel seeds
  • 2 tbsp dried and crushed kasuri methi/fenugreek leaves
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • Salt to taste
  • Whole wheat flour for rolling
  • Ghee for cooking


Method
  • Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft and smooth dough using water as required. Keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes
  • Divide the dough into 8-10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 5" diameter circle (use the extra flour to dip the dough balls in for easy rolling)
  • Heat a tava (griddle) and cook each circle using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour on both the sides.
  • Serve hot with curd, achaar or pickle of choice and some lassi!!
Your easy winter breakfast is ready!!
Thanks Manini once again...We loved this one!!
Love,
S :)

Labels: , , , ,