I decided to do Thai for lunch today!!
Are you the types who get excited by salads?? I know I don't!! But this incredibly fresh salad hits all the right notes and is bound to keep you feeling full and fulfilled at the same time!!
Give this a go..easy,fast and fun..
- 200 Grams Shredded Raw Papaya.
- 20 Grams Shredded Carrots.
- 200 Grams Corn Kernels.
- 40 Grams Whole Garlic
- 30 Grams Small Thai Red Chilies.(used normal chillies)
- 60 Grams Roasted & Slightly Crushed Peanuts.
- 60 Grams Tomatoes - cut into 1/2 inch pieces , with seeds.
- 60 Ml Lemon Juice.
- 1 Small Lemon - Cut into 4 , remove seeds and leave skin.
- 30 Grams Palm Sugar.
- 60 Ml Fish Sauce
- In a mortar add garlic and chopped chilies , pound till mashed , add tomatoes and pound to break up tomatoes -You dont want a paste but a chunky mass.
- Add lemon juice , palm sugar , fish sauce and pound 4-5 times.
- Add shredded vegetables and lemon wedges and pount just a few times to release some juices .Now add corn , roasted peanuts , gently mix and sit down to enjoying the most amazing salad !
- Palm sugar looks a bit like jaggery / gur - if you don't have it , use brown sugar or regular sugar .
- Vegetarians can avoid fish sauce and still make it - in which case add salt to the pounded ingredients .
- Soak the shredded vegetables in regular cold water to make them really crunchy - Drain before plating .
- Used regular tomatoes.
Labels: healthy, salads, thai