Dahi Bhalla/ Dahi Vada/ Medu Vada

Dahi vada/ dahi bhalla chaat..Holi special!

Dahi vada/Dahi bhalla /Medu vada

Holi lunch is sort of steeped in culinary history at my place..this is how my mom made the lunch, and I am trying my best to continue the tradition, One tired foot at a time!



There has to be mutton curry, chicken sukka, pulao, peas kachori, malpua, some sort of tikkas , thandai and rose lassi, Mithais(shop bought) and these dahi vada chaat...and this was simply yum.



It's a rather easy dish I make all the time for breakfast ..everyone loves it and it's fast.
But giving dahi vada the chaat avatar is essential for holi celebrations, or so they tell me

Bringing this gorgeous treat to my special friends at the Fiesta Friday,,,Take a bite of this lentil yoghurt "chaat" and take a trip down to my mum's kitchen with me!
 wink emoticon








... and now I am going to pass on this beautiful message of 



RECIPE:


Ingredients:
Method:


Procedure for making vadas:



Generally when I make these for breakfast, I simply drop spoonfuls of batter in oil, as I had never been able to make perfect holes like my mum does using the right thumb and pressing it into the batter kept on her palm, and miraculously sliding it off into hot oil,perfect shape still intact!!! Scary scary proposition for me.
That's when my friend Radha gave me this amazing tip to make the perfectly shaped vadas..

For the dahi vadas,

For the "dahi" or Curd:


Whisk curd with a little water, minced garlic, green chillie, salt, red chillie powder and just a tad of chaat masala.
For the chaat:
Tamarind date chutney, hari(coriander & mint) chutney, chopped onions. Coriander leaves and sev.

To serve,

Notes:


Love,
S:)

Labels: , , , , , ,