Chicken Lasagna in muffin tins

This is such a special post for me..not coz it's my birthday or anything. Rather simply coz it was one of those weird experiments I did in the kitchen and it turned out good...Fabulous!!

lasagna
I love Lasagna..I love Chicken (as you all know ;)), I love spicy bolognese and a milder creamy bechamel... I love everything about it, except how messy it is to serve and to eat!


And given my lifelong obsession with cleanliness, this used to irk me quite a bit.
That's when my eyes fell on the muffin mould...
And I had yet another Eureka Moment!!!


How about lasagna in muffin tins??

Sheets of lasagna, baked to perfection in a delicious bolognese sauce...topped with a mixture of ricotta..some more bechamel ...mozarella..yet another layer and that's it....done!
And style of serving??


Pretty little Lasagna Cups!!
No mess while serving...no mess while eating.. (well a little of course, but that's just the good mess)


So here we go, three in one recipe post!
A Chicken Bolognese Sauce (for those who don't eat beef), a creamy fool proof bechamel sauce and of course, the lasagna itself!
Results?? Fabulous tiny little pretty cups of all things yum in the world... Every mouthful was perfect! Relish this mid-week feast with a glass of your favorite red wine and some amazing company... 



RECIPE:



Ingredients for the Lasagna: 


Ingredients for the Bolognese Sauce:


Ingredients for the Ricotta filling:


Ingredients for the Bechamel Sauce: 

Method:


Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin generously with olive oil.

For the Bolognese Sauce: 
For the Ricotta Cheese Filling:

In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, the basil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.

For the Bechamel Sauce: 
Assembling the Lasagna : 

Bake the mini lasagnas for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove the muffin pan to a wire rack and let the mini lasagnas cool for a few minutes before removing them. 
Garnish with fresh basil and a sprinkling of mixed herbs.
Enjoy!
Love,

Labels: , , , , ,